Author Topic: New Releases of Pre-Printed Kits from Europe  (Read 40816 times)

cotlet

• Verified Member
  • Kudos 2
Re: New Releases of Pre-Printed Kits from Europe
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2012, 09:38:12 PM »
OK ... back to regular programming ....

Czech publisher Z-Art released its second architecture kit:  St. Prokop and Barbora Church in Kuncice pod Ondrejnik. It was designed in 1:60 scale by Zdeněk Čechal:

Cheers,
Tomek

cotlet

• Verified Member
  • Kudos 2
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2012, 11:10:41 AM »
Today just a sneak peak into what's in the pipeline for pre-printed kits.

Mariusz Kita completed his design of the Diamond T 980 and M9 Rogers trailer (this combination was  called M19 tank transporter if I'm correct). His model is being test build at this moment. No details, who is going to publish it at this stage. M19 will be a nice addition to the M25 Dragon Wagon reissued recently by GPM.

Revell kit cover art  ;):

Michał Rafalski (mrafalsk) reveals that his artillery tractor Voroshilovets will be published by GPM sometime in May this year. Yay!

Cheers,
Tomek

cotlet

• Verified Member
  • Kudos 2
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2012, 12:57:42 PM »
Ukrainian publisher "Orel" announced its May releases:

Lotus-Renault R31 (1:24):

Corvette Miraz (1:200):

Il-2 (1:33):

Two Japanese torpedo boat destroyers from 1901, No. 42 & No. 66 (1:200):

Cheers,
Tomek

Miles Linnabery

• Verified Member
  • Kudos 2
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2012, 07:17:29 PM »
Dear Cotlet:
     Thankyou so much for showing what is going on over on the other side of the big pond. I still have not mastered the use of translaters yet.
Thanks,
MILES

cotlet

• Verified Member
  • Kudos 2
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2012, 07:09:49 PM »
You welcome Miles! I know for many of us these kits are just a curiosity unfortunately ...

Big news! "Answer" is not dead! .... errr .... I'm mean sort of  ::)
Some of you probably heard that the company went out of business. That is still the truth, I'm afraid. The publisher before went under had still quite big and nice collection of the projects in various stages of completion. Some of them even left the printing shop, they just didn't have time to sell them.  Many knew about these projects and kept asking about their future. Answer finally decided to make available few projects which were ready, but never released. Since there is no official outlet for selling kits in form of Answer website, they are working out details how to make them available. My guess would be they will sell these kits to other retailers (like GPM, Model-Hobby, etc.)  or simply post them for grabbing on the Polish equivalent of Ebay - Allegro.

Anyway these are the kits I'm talking about:

IJN Kongo (1:200):

EZT EN 57 (1:25):

Lokomotywa EU 07 (1:25)

Fire engine Star 266 Bonex (1:25)

Garbage truck Jelcz 315 (1:25):

Refrigerator truck Zubr A80 (1:25):

Truck Zubr A80 (1:25):

Cheers,
Tomek

cotlet

• Verified Member
  • Kudos 2
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2012, 09:45:37 AM »
As I mentioned  earlier, Halinski was about to release MiG-29A model.
The kit was made available for direct purchases on their website today. Apparently the whole panic on Polish modeling websites regarding kit's availability was just that ... over-exaggeration. The print run includes 700 numbered copies, the kit sells for 147 Polish Zloty, which is about $46. Pricey, but I'm sure this kit can keep you occupied for a year or longer. In this perspective this is not too bad bang for a buck ;)

Simultaneously Halinski released another kit: P-51B Old Crow. This one I'm definitely buying, it cost about $11 ;D .

The publisher, as usual,  provides laser cut formers and vacu-formed canopies for these kits.
Cheers,
Tomek

Tapcho

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos 13
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2012, 12:59:10 PM »
So many wonderfull models and so little time to do them. Something this thread caused though - I ordered the frames and canopy for my B-239 Brewster in FAF colors. ;-)  Thanks for the updates, this is fun to read.

Tappi

cotlet

• Verified Member
  • Kudos 2
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2012, 10:34:06 AM »
My collection is growing ... just like the time I spend building each model. My first was done in 4 weeks, current one I'm hoping to complete in 13 months! I'm scared! LOL.
I'm becoming more selective and picky when buying new kits though.

I read Orange post on Halinski's new releases over on PM-dot-com and it struck me that the prices I gave were way too low. That made me investigate. Apparently Halinski has two prices, one for domestic sales, one for foreign. Not nice! I wonder if this is even legal. The prices I gave were simple calculation of the domestic price based on the dollar exchange rates. On top of that, I hear people complaining about high shipping costs of direct purchases in Halinski online store.
The good news is there is a partial walk around this problem. Other Polish online retailers sell Halinski kits cheaper (based on the dollar exchange rates). They don't carry the full catalog though, and no canopies or laser cut formers are available. Quick comparison:
A6M3 Zero Model 32 (last year kit)
Halinski store -  - $20
GPM store - $11.94
Orlik store - $10.44
Model Hobby store = $14.38

Conclusion - it's worth to shop around ;)
Cheers,
Tomek

Tapcho

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos 13
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2012, 02:19:20 PM »
GPM and Orlik stores are great, those are the ones I use when I buy something. In Europe they have very cheap postal expences too and the euro/sloty exchange rate is favourable to us too.

Tomek, I suspect with that with that building pace your current stack of unbuilt models will last at least 20 years ahead already! Eeks! I'm afraid it's the same thing with me...

Tappi

cotlet

• Verified Member
  • Kudos 2
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2012, 09:50:29 AM »
Tomek, I suspect with that with that building pace your current stack of unbuilt models will last at least 20 years ahead already! Eeks!
I'm afraid more than that, Tappi  :-\ . I want to build at least 2-3 kits a year - I think this is optimal for my pace and the level of detailing I want to see in my models. After doing quick math ... I'm safe till retirement age, lol. I always tell my modeling buddies at the club: At least my collection doesn't take the whole room and more importantly it doesn't break the bank! I don't have much reasons to feel guilty ;)

Back to scheduled programming ...
Ship-lovers heads-up!
GPM reveals that they are working on following projects: Kongo-Hiei, ORP Conrad, ORP Dragon, SMS Konig.

Added later:
Here you can see photos of the sheets of the new Halinski P-51B: click.
I think Dave will be interested to hear that people complain about exaggerated rivets and panel lines on the wings. Didn't we have similar discussion here? ;). Other complains are about the color of the wheelbays - Halinski's kit has them in Interior Green (or tinted Zinc Chromate Green), while more likely would be just bare metal (because of shortage of aluminum at this period).
Cheers,
Tomek

Tapcho

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos 13
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2012, 03:33:50 PM »
Dave's rivets are much much better!

Tappi