Author Topic: New Releases of Pre-Printed Kits from Europe  (Read 40818 times)

cotlet

• Verified Member
  • Kudos 2
Re: New Releases of Pre-Printed Kits from Europe
« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2012, 10:42:51 AM »
Another news from GPM, this time flying thingy  8)

Schreck FBA17 HHT2 flying boat in 1/33 scale will be available from May 25th. Designer: Tomasz Dębicki. At this point the kit comes as a set with laser cut formers.

Cheers,
Tomek

cotlet

• Verified Member
  • Kudos 2
« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2012, 01:49:53 PM »
Today about four new kits.

Kartonowa Kolekcja released a kit of the Polish light tank, 7TP - twin turret version. Author: Michał Szklarczyk, scale 1:25. The kit has 4208 parts, but can be build in simplified version using only 1753  :P. The publisher will offer two sets of laser cut parts: formers and laser engraved treads (strips).

More photos here: clik.

WAK announced two kits:  T34/85 (1/25, designer Jerzy Janukowicz) and Japanese amphibious tank Type 4 Ka-Tsu (1/25, author Michał Rafalski)

Finally, JSC released a model of the biggest ship ever built: Norwegian tanker Jahre Viking in 1:400 scale:

Cheers,
Tomek

cotlet

• Verified Member
  • Kudos 2
« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2012, 10:19:12 AM »
GPM posted on their website three new kits to be available in mid June this year :

IJN Hiei in 1/200:

It looks like the kit, designed by Zbigniew Sałapa, is a re-scaled and modified version of an older kit published by Mały Modelarz. I hear ship modelers wonder if this version carries some of the errors of the older one  ::).

GAZ-51 "Wichura" (scale 1/25, author Paweł Cieślak):

And Gaz-51 "Polska Kronika Filmowa" (1/25, again by Paweł Cieślak)

Cheers,
Tomek

Tapcho

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos 13
« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2012, 03:03:24 PM »
That Gaz-51 kinda tempts me because I've seen those in Finland. Those were quite important to us after the war, transportation power was needed to rebuild the country but we had no money to buy too much western vehicles so we had those from Soviet Russia. US Army surplus GMC ten wheelers were preferred but much of the work was done by GAZ.

Tappi

cotlet

• Verified Member
  • Kudos 2
« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2012, 11:16:58 AM »
More news from GPM.
Roman Cholewiak released his another project, Polish patrol boat "Batory" which entered service in 1932. Scale 1/50.  As for now, the kit is available as a set with laser cut formers.

Cheers,
Tomek

cotlet

• Verified Member
  • Kudos 2
« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2012, 12:10:54 PM »
Modelik enriched its offer by few new kits:

Contemporary tank car 406 Ra in 1/25. Designed by Michał Augustynia, the kit includes 10 sheets of parts, 3 sheets of assembly drawings and additional instruction.

Steyr 1500 A1 in 1/25 designed by Jerzy Janukowicz. 8 sheets of parts, 1 sheet of wire templates, 8 sheets of asembly drawings.

Russian atomic submarine Lira (Alfra) in 1/200. 4 sheets of parts, 4 sheets of drawings. Designed by Łukasz Fuczek.

Modelik released also a second batch of Formula 1 cars designed by a Czech, Rado Radevicza. Williams FW 09b, Williams FW 07, Renault RE-20, and Ferrari 126. C2 Scale 1/25:

More news a little bit later ....
Cheers,
Tomek

cotlet

• Verified Member
  • Kudos 2
« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2012, 10:44:08 AM »
Another new kit published by "Świat z Kartonu", and another project of notorious designer A. "Aviator" Maciejczak :P.
This time Yak 9T in 1:33. 4 sheets of parts and 2 of instruction (Polish & English) and assembly drawings.

Test build of this kit can be found here.
Cheers,
Tomek

The Orange

• Kudos 0
« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2012, 12:46:58 PM »
Tomek, could you tell us why Maciejczak is notorious?

Do you have any forum references where that new WAK T-34 is showcased? I'd love to see more of that!

cotlet

• Verified Member
  • Kudos 2
« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2012, 02:17:13 PM »
Let me say first, that I don't have any experiences with Maciejczak's models. The common opinion is though (voiced on different Polish modeling forums), that his designs are not carefully reviewed before they are released and he is rather sloppy in his work. I've seen a lot of his models landed in a garbage can as not possible to build. In addition he's not interested in modelers' feedback accusing them of some kind of witch-hunt on his person  ::).
I'm not saying it's the same with this Yak model, I'm just warning ;).

You can see the test build of T-34 on the desinger's website here.
Cheers,
Tomek

Dave Winfield

• Administrator
  • Kudos 51
    • Dave's Card Creations
« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2012, 08:09:19 PM »
well, he may be "notorious" but I like his cover designs!
lol

In fact, I love looking at all the cover designs.
Sometimes I think I am more interested in the cover artwork than I am the model!

The paintings on Modelik and JSC kits are wonderful.
DAVE WINFIELD - GO TO WWW.CUTANDFOLD.INFO FOR MY DESIGNS AND LOTSA FREE STUFF!

cotlet

• Verified Member
  • Kudos 2
« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2012, 04:12:58 PM »
well, he may be "notorious" but I like his cover designs!
lol
I don't think Maciejczak had anything to do with the cover, lol. It's more a publisher domain in general.
I like cover artwork too. I know some people collect them, and I can understand why. My personal favorite is J. Wróbel, who does the artwork for Haliński and Hobby-Model kits for example.
BTW, nice idea about your autographed artwork prints, Dave. Cool!

Few days ago Świat z Kartonu announced yet another kit: Yokosuka MXY7 Ohka in 1/33 scale. Design by Maciej Herbut. It looks like the publisher moves slowly to offset printing (good!), as this kit is produced this way.  Seems like a simple and pleasant model.

GPM keeps bombarding us with new kits. This time it's Sd.Kfz. 222 - Libia 1941 (author Jerzy Janukowicz)  and ... Woroszyłowiec (designer, Michał Rafalski), both in 1/25 scale. I looks a lot of people were waiting for the new project of mrfalsk!

Laser formers are available for both GPM kits.
Cheers,
Tomek