Author Topic: New Releases of Pre-Printed Kits from Europe  (Read 40815 times)

cotlet

• Verified Member
  • Kudos 2
Re: New Releases of Pre-Printed Kits from Europe
« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2012, 09:42:26 AM »
Mały Modelarz decided to release one more kit before anticipated Titanic. It's a Polish galleon Smok in 1:100 scale, designed by Lech Zuzański.

It's unclear if this model is a completely new design or merely a reprint with some corrections of the older kit published in 2000.

MM Titanic release date was pushed to July/August.
Cheers,
Tomek

cotlet

• Verified Member
  • Kudos 2
« Reply #45 on: July 06, 2012, 04:15:11 PM »
Świat z Kartonu keeps attacking. This time an architectural subject: Cerkiew św. Onufrego w Posadzie Rybotykiej (Eastern Orthodox church ) in 1/100 scale. 5 sheets of parts plus two sheets of formers. Designed by Tomasz Król.

Those interested in previously mentioned Sd.Kfz. 222 can see some photos of the test build here. Looking very good  8)

Cheers,
Tomek

milenio3

• Verified Member
  • Kudos 9
    • Paper Jerry Scale Models
« Reply #46 on: August 24, 2012, 11:01:34 PM »
Let me say first, that I don't have any experiences with Maciejczak's models. The common opinion is though (voiced on different Polish modeling forums), that his designs are not carefully reviewed before they are released and he is rather sloppy in his work. I've seen a lot of his models landed in a garbage can as not possible to build. In addition he's not interested in modelers' feedback accusing them of some kind of witch-hunt on his person  ::).
I'm not saying it's the same with this Yak model, I'm just warning ;).

I was about to by the FW-190 from SZK, then I read your comment about Mr Andrzej Maciejczak. That made me wonder if I want to buy it anyway.
Then I went on to check other designs from Andrzej and found that he designed, among others, the Me 110 from MM, here:
http://wsmk.konradus.com/f1aut.php?autor=maciejczakan

I looked for a build report on PM.pl, and found it> http://www.papermodels.pl/index.php?topic=6862.0

First, I noticed that the beautiful cover is not the same as the model.
Cover:

Model:

At the end, this is the modeler's comment (I used web translator) - "Sorry for all the viewers, the fans. The plane went into the sand! There's nothing fits and by the level of annoyance increases even more, because a man pays for precise cutting, retouching, and it turns out later that, and so it looks like a dog ate and spat out. Please moderator for transfer subject to Recycle."

Now the problem is... there is not many FW-190 in the paper model editors, nor in the  independent designers (hear that, Dave?). So... I think I will go for the Halinski model, from the same designers that did the Messerschmitt Bf-109 T-2... pricy but sure. 

I already have the Halinski "D" model and Digital Navy's A model... but I kind of "need" a gray Focke Wulf.

Please, Cotlet, if you know of a build report for the SZK Fw-190 model, let me know... Thanks!
- Gerardo
facebook.com/paperjerry

Dave Winfield

• Administrator
  • Kudos 51
    • Dave's Card Creations
« Reply #47 on: August 25, 2012, 08:50:25 AM »
There are many modellers who appreciate the "old school" model designs.
Those early hand drawn models and the older techniques must be respected
for what they were at the time

But unfortunately, with today's design capabilities...3D modeling , digital drawing, etc
its sometimes hard to accept those kinds of inaccuracies.

Designers today must meet a certain standard...but we have to be careful about
applying those standards to these older kits.   It might be a little unfair to judge
them against the work today...

however, if a model does not go together, then it's fair to report that it has problems. 
And the designer should be prepared to accept the criticisms and offer a reasonable response.

I applaud the builder of that Bf109 for giving it a good effort and reporting his troubles.
DAVE WINFIELD - GO TO WWW.CUTANDFOLD.INFO FOR MY DESIGNS AND LOTSA FREE STUFF!

cotlet

• Verified Member
  • Kudos 2
« Reply #48 on: September 07, 2012, 05:13:36 PM »
Sorry for the late reply Gerardo. I was on vacation without access to the Internet.

The designer himself showed a build report of this kit on KartonWork forum: click. BTW, this is the only forum where he shows his work because it's the only place where he's enjoying protection of the moderators and influential members  ::)

Dave, I'm not familiar with the details of Maciejczak's design process, but I'm guessing he's using computer software, etc. True, hand-drawn projects can not be compared to computer designed ones. I don't think though it's the case of Mały's Bf110 and SZK's 190. This guy just doesn't accept any negative comments, even if they are polite and with good intentions.

The thread is awfully outdated. I'll try to bring it up to speed quickly.

Cheers,
Tomek

cotlet

• Verified Member
  • Kudos 2
« Reply #49 on: September 10, 2012, 06:51:03 PM »
OK. Let's keep rolling.
First GPM with two new items in stock.

Sd.Kfz 223 - TAJFUN. Scale 1/25, design by Jerzy Janukowicz.

Kamieniec Podolski. Scale 1/300.

Halinski, as expected by some, released a rework of their older project - Spitfire Vc Trop. Spitfire Vb Trop was out of print for some time now, so it seems this kit fills a gap in Halinski offering.

Here some pics of what's inside of the booklet.

More tomorrow...
Cheers,
Tomek

Loui

• Verified Member
  • Kudos 5
« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2012, 10:50:58 PM »
I email Halinski about a year ago(maybe in June 2011) and asked the availability of F-14A 'Wolfpack' they say next year(2012)so i just waited.... still out of print. Maybe, just maybe if they pre-printed some of their older kit, i wished  they will also printed F-14A... am gonna email them again... #fingercrossed

cotlet

• Verified Member
  • Kudos 2
« Reply #51 on: September 12, 2012, 09:15:11 AM »
While other big publishers make straight reprints of their older kits, Halinski's policy seems to be to update, redesign and recolor of what was released earlier. Usually they release a different variant which doesn't require too much reworking. Their older kits, some hand drawn, need to be done from scratch, as they are simply not up to current standards. I think that's the case of F-14. Personally I would like to see updated Wildcat and Hellcat.

Today more from GPM.

IJN Sendai. Scale 1:200, designer M. Herbut. GPM offers wide set of extras for this kit: photo-etched parts, figures of sailors, metal barrels, chains, resin anchors,
propellers and obviously laser cut parts. Interesting in perspective of our discussion in "What do you tolerate in ..."  ;)

ORP Smok, scale 1/100, design by Roman Cholewiak.

Gallery of author's test build here.

SZK released another project by Mariusz Kita (previous ARC Dorchester). This time Ford F-15 with anti-aircraft gun in AfrikaKorps camouflage. Scale 1:25. 8 sheets of parts, 4 sheets of assembly drawings, 2 sheets of instruction (Polish and English).

Cheers,
Tomek

Dave Winfield

• Administrator
  • Kudos 51
    • Dave's Card Creations
« Reply #52 on: September 15, 2012, 03:58:29 PM »
wow that Halinski Spit is a real nice looking package. Excellent cover art, excellent model art.
DAVE WINFIELD - GO TO WWW.CUTANDFOLD.INFO FOR MY DESIGNS AND LOTSA FREE STUFF!

cotlet

• Verified Member
  • Kudos 2
« Reply #53 on: October 09, 2012, 11:27:57 AM »
I'm getting behind, again! I can't keep up with the publishers  ;)

Let's start with Modelik's releases:

Quatro, scale 1/200, design by Michal Clock

Steyr 1500/A1 Kommandeurwagen, scale 1/25, autor: Jerzy Janukowicz

Kfz. 17 Steyr 1500 Funkkraftwagen, scale 1/25, autor: Jerzy Janukowicz

AVGP Gryzzly, scale 1/25, design by Michal Kolodziej

Here painted version of this model.

Tram Ringhoffer 1911, scale 1/25, author: Jan Kolodziej.

And a good news from Haliński's team: Hawker Tempest V, 1/33 scale.

The kit offers two marking variants: P. Clostermann or E. Mackie machine. Examples of the sheets can be found here. Test build photos here.

Cheers,
Tomek

cotlet

• Verified Member
  • Kudos 2
« Reply #54 on: October 10, 2012, 09:37:33 AM »
I mentioned earlier this year that Answer decided to offer through various retailers some of their kits which were not officially released before the company went under. It turned out, Answer as a company never went out of business, only folded their paper model publishing part (apparently they have other aspects of their business, but what exactly it's still murky ;-). The buzz in the modeling community created by appearance of new Answer kits on the market was apparently that good and promising, that folks at Answer officially restarted their model publishing. Their website offers now not only the kits which were previously announced but also many new ones!

Battleship IJN ISE, scale 1/200

Tank car 406 Ra, scale 1/25

Locomotive OKz 32, scale 1/25

Locomotive SM O3, scale 1/25

Dutch battleship Evertsen, scale 1/200

Do you remember the Diamond T 980 and M9 Rogers trailer test build photos I linked to in April? Answer courted the designer and released them under their banner:

These two kits are must have on my list;-)

Cheers,
Tomek