Author Topic: New Releases of Pre-Printed Kits from Europe  (Read 40814 times)

Dave Winfield

• Administrator
  • Kudos 51
    • Dave's Card Creations
Re: New Releases of Pre-Printed Kits from Europe
« Reply #55 on: October 10, 2012, 09:44:23 AM »
don't worry about posting everything...obviously its very hard to keep up with every single release.
its just good to see these examples of what is currently available!

I wonder how much of the cover artworks are original to the models?
I recently took a look at the book of "Airfix Models Cover Art".
Its an impressive collection of amazing art created specifically for their models.
This paper model artwork would also make a great collection (in a coffee table book)!
DAVE WINFIELD - GO TO WWW.CUTANDFOLD.INFO FOR MY DESIGNS AND LOTSA FREE STUFF!

cotlet

• Verified Member
  • Kudos 2
« Reply #56 on: October 10, 2012, 10:42:04 AM »
I'm assuming most of the artwork was created specifically for the kits. Often it's a work of the designer himself. We don't need to look very far to find such examples  ;)

The coffee table book is an excellent idea, but I'm wondering how popular such thing would be. I mean, we are a tiny niche in the mainstream modeling world (even in Poland, I believe). Still it would be very enlightening to see such collection especially if it would span through the history of the hobby. 

Speaking of art related to modeling. I was blown away seeing photos of an awards ceremony of one of the biggest paper modeling competitions held in Przeciszów in Poland. As a gift, the winners received huge art pieces (digital, based on graphic renders I believe) which would be perfect for a man cave. I only wish I have one ... I mean the cave ... and the pieces too ... hahaha.

Cheers,
Tomek

cotlet

• Verified Member
  • Kudos 2
« Reply #57 on: October 12, 2012, 09:59:22 AM »
Mały Modelarz finally released promised Titanic kit ... or at least its first part. It's a bit unusual move to publish a kit in two parts (two booklets, second one published later), but understandable considering the size of this model.

Let's wait for the first reviews, in the meantime the kit is collecting sarcastic comments about its cover art showing smoke coming out of the fourth, dummy funnel...

There are some good news for tank guys. Orlik published two kits in 1/25 scale: Carro Veloce C.V. 38 (L3/38) and Pz.Kpfw. V ausf.G Panther Befehlswagen.

Another news, quite shocking for me I must admit, is that a designer in Haliński team, Marcin Grygiel is no longer affiliated with the publisher. The Hawker Tempest kit was apparently authored only by Marcin Dworzecki, a second designer in a long time duo Grygiel-Dworzecki responsible for many amazing airplane kits.
On the side note, modelers report widespread problems with the print quality of the new Tempest kit. Many booklets are showing significant print smudges on sheets with parts. I hope online retailers will do the quality check on their stock.

Correction: I looked at photos of the newest Haliński model and the kit was designed by Dworzecki and A. Haliński. I still think that Grygiel's departure will have some negative impact on the brand and its quality.
Cheers,
Tomek

cotlet

• Verified Member
  • Kudos 2
« Reply #58 on: October 13, 2012, 02:32:52 PM »
GPM made available two kits: Mi-2 (scale 1/33, author Artur Biedacha) and K-3 Leninskij Komsomol (design Łukasz Fuczek, scale 1/200)

WAK released Char B1 bis (design by Michał Rafalski, scale 1/25) and destroyer USS England (scale 1/200, M. Wasylewicz, who designed ealier USS Salt Lake City)

Cheers,
Tomek

milenio3

• Verified Member
  • Kudos 9
    • Paper Jerry Scale Models
« Reply #59 on: October 16, 2012, 01:18:57 PM »
Sometimes I like to go and search for pictures of paper modeling events in Poland and Germany, as I've found they have quite a good time on those events. I haven't seen any pictures with those great prizes, though! Must be great to be on one of those events... doesn't matter if I win or not...

Another news, quite shocking for me I must admit, is that a designer in Haliński team, Marcin Grygiel is no longer affiliated with the publisher. The Hawker Tempest kit was apparently authored only by Marcin Dworzecki, a second designer in a long time duo Grygiel-Dworzecki responsible for many amazing airplane kits.

I agree with you. A couple of month ago I finished the Bf-109 T-2 from the two Marcin's, and it is a work of art. I hope Halinski keeps on publishing great models... although I know many more publishers and independent designers are doing amazing job releasing more and more enhanced kits.

- Gerardo
facebook.com/paperjerry

cotlet

• Verified Member
  • Kudos 2
« Reply #60 on: October 16, 2012, 03:04:14 PM »
I guess a lot of modelers are curious about the Hawker Tempest kit and how the design and its quality compares to those produced by duo Grygiel-Dworzecki. I'll keep you posted on any reviews based on actual builds. So far the only complained I heard was strange differences of panel lines on the fuselage on the port and starboard side.
I hope Grygiel returns to design, if not I wish we could see at least his builds - he is also awesome modeler.

I must confess I haven't check on PM-dot-com for a while and I missed the finish your Bf-109 build. She looks great, Gerardo! I only wish I could see some bigger photos. The thumbnails are not opening properly on my computer (maybe viewing them on my home computer will help). I was always curious how this kit looks assembled and I'm not disappointed! You model is the first one I've seen completed. Great job and congrats on your award!!! Lovely bird  :)
Cheers,
Tomek

milenio3

• Verified Member
  • Kudos 9
« Reply #61 on: October 18, 2012, 12:34:46 PM »
Thank you for the praises, Cotlet! You can see more pictures here:

http://s1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd443/paperjerry3/Me%20109%20T%20Halinski/Me%20109%20Halinski%20con%20Firma/

And now... back to our regular broadcast.
- Gerardo
facebook.com/paperjerry

cotlet

• Verified Member
  • Kudos 2
« Reply #62 on: October 19, 2012, 08:50:25 AM »
Thanks Gerardo for the link! Very nice!

Świat z Kartonu September releases:

HMS Abercrombie, 1/200

Fiat 125p, 1/25 (my first car, BTW ... in different "camo" though ;D)

Medieval fortified settlement (gord) in Boronowo, scale 1/300

Cheers,
Tomek

cotlet

• Verified Member
  • Kudos 2
« Reply #63 on: October 26, 2012, 12:29:48 PM »
Today some old news and some quite fresh, or, what's in the pipe line ;)

Kartonowa Kolekcja (Paweł Mistewicz) released this summer a pretty nice model of Fokker E.V. in 1/33 scale. What's interesting about the kit is that it offers 4 different markings variants. There are also several add-ons made for this kit: laser cut formers and machine guns and resin wheels.  If anybody is interested in photos of the sheets let me know - I bought this kit while visiting my parents in the old country.

I wanted also to give you heads-up on three new models which will some time soon appear in print.
First one is Ilyushin Il-18 in 1/50, designed by Roman Cholewiak. It's still unknown who's going to publish it.

More test build shots here.

On one of the modeling conventions Jurek Janukowicz displayed two models in 1/50 scale which will be published by WAK in near future: F-16 and MiG-29:

I still have some catching up with the publishers .... <sigh>

Cheers,
Tomek

milenio3

• Verified Member
  • Kudos 9
« Reply #64 on: October 30, 2012, 12:49:21 PM »
Ah, the Mig-29 and the F-16 look very yummy!! WAK, you said? Then I'll keep an eye on those 2!

And they appear to have full cockpit!! Very appealing!

- Gerardo
facebook.com/paperjerry

cotlet

• Verified Member
  • Kudos 2
« Reply #65 on: November 02, 2012, 04:35:30 PM »
Gerardo,
I'll keep you posted when the kits will be available  ;)

During the summer W.M.C released two models: Maserati 250F (1/25, designed by Anton Jakunin and Viktoras Palubinskas) and steam boat "Žorž Borman I" (1/100, designed by Vladislav Dmitrov, Denis Sinelnikov, Anton Jakunin)

Test build of the Maserati can be found here, Žorž Borman I - Žorž Borman here.

Cheers,
Tomek