Author Topic: add-on  (Read 2310 times)

Loui

• Verified Member
  • Kudos 5
add-on
« on: August 06, 2012, 04:41:27 AM »
Hi, When i download the Old Crow from Ecardmodels and got the Troll from you.... the Details and graphics are so Awesome.... and i got a (late....very late) idea, if you have the time... would you mind to designing a 'Gun bay door' for your D-Mustang... like this http://m7.photobucket.com/image/p-51d%20gun%20bay/Bomber_12th/4855281276_dc7e58fe63_o.jpg.html?src=www

Loui

• Verified Member
  • Kudos 5
Re: add-on
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2012, 05:18:12 AM »
i forgot to asked... on page #7 in Old Crow, it don't have a shoulder, lap belt and seat chusion but i se e it on page #7 in The Troll pdf.

Dave Winfield

• Administrator
  • Kudos 51
    • Dave's Card Creations
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2012, 10:05:52 AM »
i forgot to asked... on page #7 in Old Crow, it don't have a shoulder, lap belt and seat chusion but i se e it on page #7 in The Troll pdf.

Seat extras were done a long time ago and included in all models after the fact.
For those who have the first models (without the seat upgrades) you can download
the new parts...an announcement and download was posted at papermodelers.com

Here is that post:
I have created a set of Seat Harnesses and Back Cushion
for the P-51D model.

There is an "update page" available at papermodelshop.com.
(Just look to the Extras page)

You are also welcome to download it here:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/b8bvu8bvgcdr00w/P51D_Seat_Belt_update_06-26-12.pdf

I have already added the parts to my blank P-51D kit
so all future models (from today) will have the Seat Belts and Cushion.

Hi, When i download the Old Crow from Ecardmodels and got the Troll from you.... the Details and graphics are so Awesome.... and i got a (late....very late) idea, if you have the time... would you mind to designing a 'Gun bay door' for your D-Mustang... like this http://m7.photobucket.com/image/p-51d%20gun%20bay/Bomber_12th/4855281276_dc7e58fe63_o.jpg.html?src=www

I did Gun bay parts a long time ago, before I released the model.

I designed a recessed ammo and gun bay, including three machine guns and simulated gun belts.
But I ran into two problems...I never got the chance to test fit anything so I wasn't sure if the parts
would clear the wing spars and ribs.

And I couldn't guaranty that the machine gun barrels lined up with the gun ports on the front of
the wing....and I am not interested in modifying the wing artwork just for this.

So, I decided to avoid any complaints and not to include the parts in the model.

I don't have the time right now to bother with these parts, but if someone else wants to try them
and see if they fit...  just let me know.
DAVE WINFIELD - GO TO WWW.CUTANDFOLD.INFO FOR MY DESIGNS AND LOTSA FREE STUFF!

Loui

• Verified Member
  • Kudos 5
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2012, 11:50:34 AM »
I'm sorry i must have missed that update post on PM. Thanks for the link... Ooh yea, the wing rib and the spar thing, i didn't think of that... ok if i start a build the Old Crow i'll let you know if i need the gun bay door, but not right now... because we have a newborn baby girl (a week ago)... I will back to my 'build mode' if my sleeping time are back to normal again lol...... !!! Ooops! times up, diapers mode now! :D

Vermin King

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos 29
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2012, 12:07:22 PM »
Congrats, Kacrut.  And thanks for the future volunteer work on the Old Crow
There are no strangers in this world ...
Only people I haven't embarrassed ... yet

Dave Winfield

• Administrator
  • Kudos 51
    • Dave's Card Creations
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2012, 12:11:01 PM »
HAHA my daughter slept through the night from the very first day!
No nightime diaper changes!!

sorry
DAVE WINFIELD - GO TO WWW.CUTANDFOLD.INFO FOR MY DESIGNS AND LOTSA FREE STUFF!

Loui

• Verified Member
  • Kudos 5
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2012, 10:51:21 AM »
Congrats, Kacrut.  And thanks for the future volunteer work on the Old Crow
Thanks VK. i hoped my build as good and clean like Daves graphics and everyone model  here.... can i skip the canopy?? lol... can i just imagine P-51D to a convertible P51D... :D anyway, i'm going to build when i'm in my normal mode :)