Author Topic: Highland croft  (Read 6036 times)

Tapcho

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos 13
Re: Highland croft
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2014, 12:29:07 AM »
Thanks Vermin. Actually there are instructions for the camper included. It took me a while to interpret them too. Closed version is easy but the open version isn't that bad either. I've considered those truck models too, maybe a crane.

Tappi

Vermin King

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos 29
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2014, 09:26:40 AM »
A couple of them would make great old farm trucks
There are no strangers in this world ...
Only people I haven't embarrassed ... yet

Tapcho

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos 13
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2014, 07:00:35 AM »
I agree Vermin and I have to go back and check the selection again. Here is the farmhouse again but this time as Andrew designed it. The colors are a bit ( ???) different because my printer had a sudden hick-up. Anyway you can see the differences quite well in the second photo. Andrews models come with several different roofs and even that change makes them look different enough. Last picture shows that the Mini Cooper is quite all right when viewed from a regular distance.

All the best to everyone here,

Tappi

Vermin King

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos 29
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2014, 09:27:21 AM »
Wow, I can almost picture the diorama already.

Tapcho

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos 13
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2014, 09:41:56 AM »
You Vermin have a vivid imagination. I'm far from the finishing line yet.  ;-)

Tappi

Tapcho

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos 13
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2014, 02:22:19 AM »
Oops, long time since the last update, sorry about that. Here's some photos of the latest development.

I was thinking that one of the building settings could serve as business environment for the local tow truck operator and started to build a Peterbilt truck - quite a challenge in this scale.

But then I was lead to understand that would be too flashy in Scotland and a crummy cheap modified Leyland bus/tow truck could be more appropriate. This is just a fast test build, I have to work with the kit further.

Anyway, I decided to put the prop department aside for a while and go back constructing buildings. This one is a modification of a unpublished kit of croft barn (Andrew showed some test samples in the PM thread and I used those for this scetch). I'll be doing these again when the kit is released. On the right of the row is one previously built croft house. They look quite nice in a connected row.

I need the buildings to be able to work with the diorama bases. Parameters of the houses and other structures a vital for that part. So the pace is not only mine as it is of the designers. Andrew has promised three or four new kits that interest me to use in this work.

Tappi

Dave Winfield

• Administrator
  • Kudos 51
    • Dave's Card Creations
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2014, 08:19:57 AM »
This will be an amazing collection of intricate models when you are done!
DAVE WINFIELD - GO TO WWW.CUTANDFOLD.INFO FOR MY DESIGNS AND LOTSA FREE STUFF!

Tapcho

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos 13
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2014, 01:39:48 PM »
Thanks Dave. This will be a long project though. I'm waiting for new kits from Andrew and recent email response from him stated he can't give any timetable for the release of the kits. But I'll be patient and maybe do some other project in the meanwhile.

Tappi

Tapcho

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos 13
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2014, 01:18:47 PM »
Now I think I found a perfect candidate for the tow truck. Miles Linnabery at PM.com pointed me to the right direction. It's a 1:100 AEC Matador Ambulance model. I made the mod/re-color work and built the thing too. I also wrote an email to the designer if he could approve this endeavor. Haven't heard from him yet.

Link to the model (last on the page): http://dtsmodelling.blogspot.fi/p/na-stiahnutie-download.html

Should I now wait for the designers (Black Tower) approval and not post any pics before I get it or what? Damage done but I can choose not to provide any evidence.   ;-)

Tappi

Vermin King

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos 29
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2014, 01:37:09 PM »
As long as you do not distribute the template for your modification, you are fine.  Go ahead and show us the photos.

Tapcho

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos 13
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2014, 02:14:43 PM »
Here we go:

More pictures tomorrow, now it's football time with Spain and Holland (or Netherlands - never know which one to use).

Tappi