Author Topic: Kool Wheelz Batman vs. Superman Batmobile  (Read 2819 times)

Tapcho

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos 13
Kool Wheelz Batman vs. Superman Batmobile
« on: June 26, 2015, 08:12:40 AM »
Here's the new one from Dave. Or as interpreted by me. DISCLAIMER: Do not use these pictures as building reference since many parts have been altered, modified or assembled differently.  ;-)  This is a fantasy build of a fantasy model of a fantasy car and it was a very pleasant build. I tried some new tricks with this and I'm quite pleased with the outcome:

- I assembled the wheels in a rounder shape (I printed the wheel faces two times and gave them a slight contour)
- altered the wheel guards and fenders (had to do that because the wheels are now bulkier)
- the assembly of the wheels changed a bit too (front axle instead of Dave's wheel mount)
- I made a base plate to it too and that caused a slight alteration to the nose shape - sigh!
- fix whit the wheel shape made me do some sort of rim too and the fixing point to the guards (one thing led to another)
- some additional detailing: opened the air inlets on the hood, exhaust pipes and some hatches in more 3D appearance

Last thing I made was a small base and a backdrop. Hope you enjoy this one.

These Kool Wheelz models are inspirational and the best thing is that they inspire - at least me - to play a bit with them too. I don't think there are any limits what one can do with these gems. Papermate for instance showed that with his Moon Mixer.

Tappi

Vermin King

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos 29
Re: Kool Wheelz Batman vs. Superman Batmobile
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2015, 11:45:54 AM »
Very nice.  I totally agree that these gems are inspirational.  They build up great, but they give you the chance to 'enhance' the model.

Thanks for sharing.  Great display, too.  And thanks, Dave, for making this model available
There are no strangers in this world ...
Only people I haven't embarrassed ... yet

Tapcho

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos 13
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2015, 02:04:08 PM »
Thanks Vermin Dave! I started this journey making something that turned out to be a sketch. I printed the model on a glossy paper and I'm not so good with that - a lot of smudges and stains. But I did a test with the backdrop too. It's an Ikea frame that has some depth and I extended it making a half circle flooring and top. Behind that I curved the same image as in this make and it had a kinda lightbox feeling in it. I liked that, but decided to make a new effort with the kit as well.

Round base and a curved half circle backdrop - that would work best. With or without the top. I didn't find any solid acceptable round base so I ended up with what you see above.

Here's a pic of the first attempt for you anyway:

Not so bad when photographed but I wouldn't post bigger pictures of the model.  :D

Tappi

Burning Beard

• Verified Member
  • Kudos 6
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2015, 05:55:29 PM »
Beautiful presentation!

Beard

milenio3

• Verified Member
  • Kudos 9
    • Paper Jerry Scale Models
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2015, 06:04:25 PM »
That is awesome!!

I really liked the way you are presenting the model with the frame and all.

Really cool!
- Gerardo
facebook.com/paperjerry

Tapcho

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos 13
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2015, 11:24:21 PM »
Thanks fellows, I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Tappi

Dave Winfield

• Administrator
  • Kudos 51
    • Dave's Card Creations
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2015, 08:49:19 AM »
very nice...cool backdrop idea
DAVE WINFIELD - GO TO WWW.CUTANDFOLD.INFO FOR MY DESIGNS AND LOTSA FREE STUFF!

Kevin WS

• Verified Member
  • Kudos 6
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2015, 12:51:43 PM »
Very good!

And the model is very atmospheric!!!!