Author Topic: Paper model and Congressional Gold Medal  (Read 703 times)

milenio3

• Verified Member
  • Kudos 9
    • Paper Jerry Scale Models
Paper model and Congressional Gold Medal
« on: June 26, 2015, 06:23:50 PM »
Among the many blessing God has given me, one of them has been the opportunity to know very interesting people. People who is depicted in the History books.

First, Gen. Frank Gailer, who was Chuck Yeager's wingman during World War II (Chuck Yeager broke the sound barrier... with a broken rib!). Gen. Gailer has 5 victories over Hitler's Luftwaffe in Europe and in 1944 he became prisoner of the nazis in Stalag Luft 1. He obtained the Congressional Gold Medal in May 2015 from hands of President Barak Obama. As homage, I built and gave him a paper scale model of his P-51 Mustang "Expectant" airplane. I built Gen. Gailer that same model a couple of years ago, but it was not a good model. This one is better, with landing gear, detailed radio box, dioramish base, and better printing.

Then we have Col. Dean Caswell, who was a pilot of F4U Corsairs also in World War II, but in the Pacific Ocean while he was on the Bunker Hill carrier. Col. Caswell survived intense attacks of the japanese Kamikazes on the carrier. Years later he flew F8 Crusaders carrying atomic bombs in the payload (talking about having the finger to the Apocalypse). To him, I built his F4U Corsair airplane "Arrow 183", in which he became an ace with 7 victories over the Imperial Japanese airplanes. Col. Caswell received also the Congressional Gold Medal this year.

Special thanks go to Dave Winfield for the design of the P-51 Mustang and to José Alejandro RM for his repaint of the F4U Corsair (also a member of this forum).

[url=https://flic.kr/p/tMSnyU]
- Gerardo
facebook.com/paperjerry

Vermin King

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos 29
Re: Paper model and Congressional Gold Medal
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2015, 08:02:46 PM »
Very nicely done, sir
There are no strangers in this world ...
Only people I haven't embarrassed ... yet

Tapcho

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos 13
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2015, 11:20:20 PM »
You never stop to amaze me with your models nor with the people you get to know along. Great story once again with a beautifull Mustang.

Tappi

Kevin WS

• Verified Member
  • Kudos 6
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2015, 01:41:55 AM »
Great model.

He also like like like a really nice person too!

Dave Winfield

• Administrator
  • Kudos 51
    • Dave's Card Creations
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2015, 08:48:42 AM »
very nice.

Gerardo, can I suggest you use the updated spinners for these Mustangs?
If you have any older kits, get the spinner sheets from my website.
DAVE WINFIELD - GO TO WWW.CUTANDFOLD.INFO FOR MY DESIGNS AND LOTSA FREE STUFF!

milenio3

• Verified Member
  • Kudos 9
    • Paper Jerry Scale Models
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2015, 03:51:29 PM »
Thank you, friends!

I'm glad you liked it.

Dave, thanks! I read about them, but I wasn't sure if they were OK now to use. I'll sue them from now on.

Thank you!
- Gerardo
facebook.com/paperjerry