Author Topic: KoolWheelz recognition in Magazine article!  (Read 416 times)

Dave Winfield

• Administrator
  • Kudos 51
    • Dave's Card Creations
KoolWheelz recognition in Magazine article!
« on: April 15, 2016, 10:06:08 AM »
Last year I was contacted by a member of the Speed Record Club www.speedrecordclub.com

Carl Dreher writes articles for the Club Magazine: Fast Facts.
Fast Facts is a quarterly magazine available exclusively to members of the Speed Record Club.
You can download a "sample" copy of the magazine here: http://www.speedrecordclub.com/fastfacts.html

Carl was preparing an article for the "Modeling Matters" section of the magazine,
on miniature Land Speed Record vehicles...entitled "LSR Modeling on a Budget"

In his search for reference material, he had come across my recently released model of the 1935 Campbell Bluebird.
Not only did he attempt building the model, but he contacted me looking for more information.
I answered a few questions and gave him permission to use my model in his article.

He also mentions other LSR vehicle models I was working on at that time, and includes a couple of photos of the Campbell Bluebird model.
He inadvertently credits me with the invention of paper modeling...my apologies to other designers! lol
...but does a great job of explaining the hobby and my contribution.

A fun read...and I thank Carl for including me in the article.

Please do not reproduce or reshare the article, since it is only with permission I share part of this exclusive Magazine.

Here's the article contents that showcase me and my work:

The entire two-page article:

DAVE WINFIELD - GO TO WWW.CUTANDFOLD.INFO FOR MY DESIGNS AND LOTSA FREE STUFF!

Tapcho

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos 13
Re: KoolWheelz recognition in Magazine article!
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2016, 10:41:15 AM »
Good for you Dave! Nice article and I enjoyed reading it. It is is quite funny though that after all these decades there are people in the modeling community that haven't heard of paper modeling. Lack of curiosity to see what other stuff is going about or just dead on concentration on ones very own niche. Anyways it's good that word spreads around.

Tappi

Vermin King

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos 29
Re: KoolWheelz recognition in Magazine article!
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2016, 12:27:13 PM »
Very nice.  A good strong pat on the back is always a good thing
There are no strangers in this world ...
Only people I haven't embarrassed ... yet